Our coping strategies training addresses the entire range of coping strategies to meet very specific areas of impairment entailed in individual solutions. Therefore, we would be teaching an individual about behavioural strategies and the integration of assistive technology solutions together with others within the overall package.
Our qualified staff have completed extensive training from the University of Westminster in conjunction with London Metropolitan University. We can deliver a tailored schedule of support, either in the workplace, home or place of study. We deliver strategies that reduce the impact of their disability, and expand their competence and potential, therefore increasing their value to their employer or course of study.
Bespoke strategy training is delivered on a one-to-one basis, this helps employees and students build and implement strategies that minimise the effect of their disability, allowing them to maximise their abilities.
Training reports are submitted following each session and we would follow up the training with a meeting to discuss the progress at regular intervals.
Key topics typically cover the following:
- Time management and organisation
- Visual note taking skills
- Mind mapping / planning
- Minute taking / meeting room skills
- Organising and action of e-mails and requests
- Use of assistive technology inc. digital recording, voice recognition software, literacy support software, mind mapping software.
- General IT skills - use of Microsoft Outlook calendar, folders for e-mail, colour coding, categorising etc
- Organising of files and folders on computer etc.
Coping strategies training will be adapted and expanded to suit the individual, the above topics focus on individual requirements and the demands of job roles or course requirements. Contact Us for further information