We draw on over 25 years of experience of working with people with disabilities, which makes us perfectly placed to advise your organisation on all disability related issues. From identifying and supporting employees with disabilities (including hidden disabilities), to providing advice and solutions for complex physical disabilities (including people experiencing musculoskeletal disorders).
This course is intended for anyone involved with members of the public including sales and marketing teams, customer facing front line and customer service staff, as well as for Managers recruiting and working with disabled colleagues. The course can be tailored to suit the company or individual requirements and delivered as a half day or full day programme accordingly.
This course will provide enhanced understanding of the requirements of disabled people and help your organisation improve the services you offer in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. Following the introduction of the Equality Act in 2010, all service providers are legally required to make their services accessible to disabled people.
The core element of the Disability Awareness Training course covers the following:
- Recognise who your disabled customers and/or employees are
- Build confidence to approach and assist disabled customers
- Be able to identify potential barriers and solutions
- Gain a basic understanding of disability legislation.
- Case Studies
- Perceptions of Disability
- Disability Defined - including an overview of physical, cognitive, mental, sensory, emotional and developmental disabilities (or some combination of these).
- Language and Behaviour
- Practical Solution
Up to twenty (20) people can be trained per session at our training suite in the North West or at the client’s premises. Certification is gained on completion of the course. Contact Us for further information.