Job Location: Dublin
Job Type: Zero Hours Contract
Rate of pay: £20 p/h onsite
Barry Bennett are one of the largest suppliers of assistive technology to students in receipt of DSA (Disabled Students’ Allowance) throughout the UK. We provide installation, familiarisation, training and aftercare to students who have been recommended assistive technology following an ‘assessment of study needs.
The role of an assistive technology trainer is to provide thorough training which will allow our customers to use the recommended equipment to its full potential. Trainers must consider each person’s individual requirements from a disability and course related perspective.
- Installation and setup of DSA equipment and software
- Provide familiarisation which aims to build a basic level of confidence for the customer in the usage of their equipment, software and accessories
- Provide training on a range of assistive software packages, typically voice dictation, literacy support, mind mapping and recording/notetaking solutions. Training for students may be recommended in a block, generally in 1, 2- or 3-hour formats
- Ergonomic Assessments – This requires more in-depth training and involves assessing the needs of students with physical disabilities musculo-skeletal injuries. Extensive product knowledge and assessment skills would be developed through ongoing training
The successful applicant will possess the following qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient, friendly and professional manner with customers
- Proactive approach to resolving issues to customer satisfaction
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Able to deliver a high standard of teaching on core software packages
- Adaptable to each customer’s individual requirements
- A good standard of general IT skills
- Strong customer facing skills
Extensive ongoing training will be provided across multiple technologies and disability types, working towards accreditation on the various AT packages.
- Candidates must be available for a 3-day induction - dates TBC
- Laptop and mobile phone will be provided
- Candidates must have clear written and verbal communication skills
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- You must have a full driving license
- Applicants must hold a disclosure from the National Vetting Bureau (Garda) valid within 12 months
To apply please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Disability Confident Employer, Barry Bennett will undertake to interview an applicant with a disability who meets the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities. If you wish to be regarded as disabled for this purpose, please indicate this on your application. Additionally, if you require information in accessible formats, please request this.
Please Note - No Agencies
As a Disability Confident Employer, Barry Bennett will undertake to interview an applicant with a disability who meets the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities. If you wish to be regarded as disabled for this purpose, please indicate this on your application.
Additionally, if you require information in accessible formats, please request this by emailing email@example.com