Full time: 37 hours per week
Barry Bennett are one of the largest suppliers of assistive technology to students in receipt of DSA (Disabled Students’ Allowance) throughout the UK. We provide installation, familiarisation, training and aftercare to students who have been recommended assistive technology following an assessment of study needs.
The role of an installation engineer is to provide great customer service, thorough installation and familiarisation, providing the customer with a great experience and the confidence to start using their DSA funded equipment.
- Installation and setup of DSA funded computer equipment and software. This service is provided as an onsite ‘installation and familiarisation’ appointment. The customer’s software is installed onto the laptop which typically takes 30-45 minutes to complete. Following this we provide familiarisation which aims to build a basic level of confidence for the customer in the usage of their equipment, software and accessories. The appointment duration is typically 90 minutes.
- Ergonomic equipment delivery & setup: Onsite assembly of seating, workstations and ergonomic accessories. All equipment set up to specification following a prior ergonomic assessment. The customer is to be provided with familiarisation, enabling them to make best use of their supplied equipment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and speaking
- Strong customer facing skills
- Patient, friendly and professional manner with customers
- Proactive approach to resolving issues to customer satisfaction
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Able to deliver a high standard of teaching on basic IT equipment
- Adaptable to each customer’s individual requirements
- A good standard of general IT skills
Benefits to include:
- Candidates must be available for a 3-day induction - dates TBC
- Laptop and mobile phone will be provided
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- Candidates must have a full UK driving license
- This role will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- Birthday Leave *rules apply*
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Birthday gift
- Onsite gym – Bolton office
- Organised company social events
To apply please send an up to date CV to email@example.com
As a Disability Confident Employer, Barry Bennett will undertake to interview an applicant with a disability who meets the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities. If you wish to be regarded as disabled for this purpose, please indicate this on your application. Additionally, if you require information in accessible formats, please request this.
Please Note - No Agencies
As a Disability Confident Employer, Barry Bennett will undertake to interview an applicant with a disability who meets the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities. If you wish to be regarded as disabled for this purpose, please indicate this on your application.
Additionally, if you require information in accessible formats, please request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org