Contract: Zero Hour
Pay: £10 per hour
Barry Bennett are one of the largest suppliers of assistive technology to students in receipt of DSA (Disabled Students’ Allowance) throughout the UK. We provide installation, familiarisation, training and aftercare to students who have been recommended assistive technology following an ‘assessment of study needs.
The role of a Remote Assistive Technology Trainer is to provide thorough training which will allow our customers to use the recommended equipment to its full potential. Trainers must consider each person’s individual requirements from a disability and course related perspective. This position is for a zero hours contract and will be homebased, we are looking for candidates able to accommodate weekend training sessions, that fall between the hours of 9am - 7pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Provide familiarisation which aims to build a basic level of confidence for the customer in the usage of their equipment, software and accessories
- Provide training on a range of assistive software packages, typically voice dictation, literacy support, mind mapping and recording/notetaking solutions.
- Training for students is usually recommended in block sessions, generally in 1, 2- or 3-hour formats
The successful applicant will possess the following qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient, friendly and professional manner with customers
- Proactive approach to resolving issues to customer satisfaction
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Able to deliver a high standard of teaching on core software packages
- Adaptable to each customer’s individual requirements
- A good standard of general IT skills
- Strong customer facing skills
Extensive ongoing training will be provided across multiple technologies and disability types, working towards accreditation on the various AT packages.
- Candidates must be available for a 3-5 day induction - dates TBC
- Laptop and required equipment will be provided
- Candidates must have clear written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
To apply please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Disability Confident Employer, Barry Bennett will undertake to interview an applicant with a disability who meets the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities. If you wish to be regarded as disabled for this purpose, please indicate this on your application. Additionally, if you require information in accessible formats, please request this.
Please Note - No Agencies
As a Disability Confident Employer, Barry Bennett will undertake to interview an applicant with a disability who meets the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities. If you wish to be regarded as disabled for this purpose, please indicate this on your application.
Additionally, if you require information in accessible formats, please request this by emailing email@example.com