Our business hours from April 2020 are 8am until 8pm
37 working hours per week
We are currently recruiting for an IT Support Technician to join the busy IT team based within our head office in Bolton.
Working within a fast-paced team your position will mainly be focussed on supporting staff with day to day IT queries to include internal systems. This role offers great opportunity to get involved with various projects; as you'll get the opportunity to sit with project engineers and learn from their practises.
A minimum 12 months experience in a similar position is preferred for this role.
- To be a first port of call for all support requests from staff and field engineers
- To log, triage and prioritise all support requests;
- To determine whether the issue can be within the support team or needs to be escalated internally or externally
- Diagnosing problems with back office software and hardware assets
- Installing Operating Systems / Hardware
- Testing / Refurbishing / Repairing IT Equipment
- To create accounts and email addresses for new starters
- To set up computers for new starters, with logons on all relevant software and set up all peripheral devices
- To disable accounts for users on leaving
Experience in the following would also be beneficial:
- Good IT skills required with a good knowledge of Windows OS and Office 365 management
- IT Hardware experience
- Adequate networking knowledge
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work on own initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Team Player
Benefits to include:
- Good understanding of Networking; LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP, Firewalls
- Experience with Active Directory
- Remote Desktop support experience
- Competitive salary
- Relaxed working environment
- Private healthcare
- Birthday gift
- 23 days holiday +bank holidays
- Onsite gym
- Organised company social events
This busy role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate and a very exciting time to be joining the business, to apply please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Disability Confident Employer, Barry Bennett will undertake to interview an applicant with a disability who meets the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities. If you wish to be regarded as disabled for this purpose, please indicate this on your application. Additionally, if you require information in accessible formats, please request this.
Please Note - No Agencies
As a Disability Confident Employer, Barry Bennett will undertake to interview an applicant with a disability who meets the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities. If you wish to be regarded as disabled for this purpose, please indicate this on your application.
Additionally, if you require information in accessible formats, please request this by emailing email@example.com